“Every child is an artist; the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.” – Pablo Picasso
Creativity lives in all of us. Think back to when you were a child and had no worries. Children never hide their creativity, whether they are playing dress-up, using a stick as a sword, or creating a masterpiece of macaroni art.
People don’t lose their amazing imaginations; they just choose to hide them. Let your creativity stay young forever.
Here are some ways to keep your creativity young and inspiring:
- Tell a bedtime story every night.
- Making up stories to help your children fall asleep forces you to use your imagination and creativity.
- Listen to music, read a book or watch an inspirational movie.
- Relaxing every once in a while helps to keep creativeness flowing. Listening to music, reading a book or watching a movie can inspire your creativity.
- Go for a walk or jog and soak up the nature.
- Exercising and keeping your body and mind fit will help keep your creativity fresh and fit.
- Take something that exists – the continents, for example – and reimagine it. What would you name the continents if you could? Why?
- This activity is just a fun way to see your imagination and creativity at work, and it’s also fun to see what answers you come up with.
- Take a few moments to look at bright or bold colors.
- Looking at bright and bold colors helps you to change your mood or mindset when you get stuck in a rut, or can’t think of where to go next on a piece of work.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Making mistakes is a key part of creativeness. Mistakes can open new doors and opportunities. Embrace your failure, learn from what you did wrong and start exploring new opportunities.
- Always have fun.
- Having fun is crucial to creativeness. If you enjoy what you do and have a good attitude, you will be more creative and imaginative.